School Closure - Weather Delays/Late Start
If inclement weather conditions occur during the night, the district office will decide whether to:
- Hold school (regular hours)
- Hold school (delayed start) - All schools will start two hours late
- Close school
In the event that our schools are closed or are starting late:
- Automated phone calls and emails are sent to all district families through the School Messenger system (the system is automatically populated with the primary phone numbers and email addresses available in the Skyward/Family Access system).
- A notice is posted on the district Facebook page - www.facebook.com/NachesValleySchoolDistrict
- A notice is placed on the district website - www.nvsd.org
- Local television and radio stations are notified.
- A notice is sent to the statewide public emergency notification system - FlastAlert Newswire
Alternate snow bus routes are routes that our buses will temporarily service in lieu of the normally scheduled routes due to adverse weather & road conditions. Whenever Naches Valley School District's “Alternate Snow Routes” are in effect it will be referenced by the media or our mass notification system. If buses run on alternate routes in the morning they will also run the same alternate routes in the afternoon.